Registered Canola Buyers
Click here for a list of registered canola buyers, as of March 14, 2018.
Are you a buyer of canola grown in Saskatchewan? Do you know your buyer responsibilities? Under the Canola Development Plan Regulations (The Agri-Food Act, 2004), any person who buys canola produced in Saskatchewan must:
- Register with SaskCanola each crop year (August 1 to the following July 31).
- All buyers of Saskatchewan grown canola must deduct a levy of 75 cents per metric tonne from any payment made to canola producers.
- Report to SaskCanola, by the 20th of each motnh, the total volume of canola acquired from each producer for the previous month. The following information is required:
- The amount of canola purchased from the producer;
- The amount of levy being paid on behalf of the producer;
- The name and address of the producer;
- The producer's Canadian Wheat Board Number, if applicable.
- Remit levy to SaskCanola, within 55 days from the end of the month within which the levy was collected.
Buyer Registration Process
New Buyers: Please click here to contact the SaskCanola office.
Existing Buyers: Buyer registration packages are mailed to existing buyers of canola in June of each year.
Click here to access Canola Council of Canada's comprehensive list of core funders and members, including: producer organizations, seed exporters, processors, oil exporters, meal exporters, oil packagers, biodiesel suppliers, life science and seed companies, and other industry members.