The Canola Levy
A 75 cent ($0.75) per tonne levy on Saskatchewan produced canola is collected. Under provincial government legislation, the levy must be collected by buyers at the time of sale. The buyers forward the levy to SaskCanola.
Saskatchewan canola producers should always check their grain tickets to ensure that the appropriate levy has been assessed. Canola levy is based on the province in which the crop is grown and not on the farm or business address.
Your levy may be refunded annually upon request and is based on your canola sales for the period of August 1 to July 31.
Levy Refund Application Process:
- Contact our office and we will send you the current year's levy refund application form.
- A separate application form must be submitted for each producer or business requesting a refund.
- The form must have a personal name or business name and complete mailing address.
- Application forms must be signed. Unsigned forms will be returned.
- If you are faxing or mailing your application form, phone the toll free number on the form to confirm receipt.
- Applications for refunds may be submitted to the SaskCanola anytime during the crop year (August 1 to July 31), and must be received no later than August 31of the year in which you are requesting your refund. By regulation, SaskCanola has no authority to process a late application.